Village School Strategic Planning Committee 2014-2015
Major Goals (published Fall 2015)
Diversity, Inclusivity, Multiculturalism, and Global Context Education
Rationale and Background: In its commitment to academic excellence, Village School intentionally fosters a community that respects the diversity of the human experience. The school cultivates and sustains a safe environment that empowers and honors each individual’s culture, heritage, and identity in order to broaden everyone’s social competence and ability to thrive as a global citizen. Village School seeks families, faculty, staff and administrators who share and uphold these values.
Goal: Continue to foster an environment and culture that reflect and value diversity in the everyday practice of inclusiveness and multiculturalism in curriculum, programming, and community interactions.
- Communicate the necessity of diversity, inclusivity and multiculturalism for academic excellence.
- Educate parents and guardians about their essential role in supporting a diverse and inclusive school community for their children’s social and academic success.
- Provide professional development and resources to the Board of Trustees, administrators, faculty and staff as it pertains to diversity, inclusivity and multiculturalism.
- Actively recruit members to the Board of Trustees and its committees who reflect the diversity of the broader school community.
- Continue to attract and support a diverse family and student population.
- Expand and implement Village School’s curriculum in order to cultivate and inspire global citizens and leaders.
Background and Rationale: Village School is committed to providing an environment that supports the long-term needs of its programs, students, faculty, and parents. The school continually assesses ways in which it can optimize the facilities, enhance a dynamic advancement plan, and maintain a sound financial structure.
Goal: Ensure institutional sustainability for future generations.
- Re-examine the current master plan, focusing on optimizing existing facilities, environmental sustainability, and foreseeable needs, including technology infrastructure.
- Continue to foster a robust advancement plan that implements versatile fundraising strategies, including long-term augmentation of the endowment fund.
- Maintain a flexible financial structure in order to pursue growth opportunities proactively as they arise, enhance school operations, and ensure a continuing strong financial position.
- Implement a Board of Trustees communication plan that keeps the school community informed of the focus, priorities, and purview of the Board in carrying out its governance responsibilities and obligations.
Marketing and Communication
Background and Rationale: Village School strives to ensure that the constituents it serves understand and embrace the school’s mission, values, and programs through effective marketing and communication. The school believes that a dynamic marketing program will also inform the external community about the exceptional strengths of Village School.
Goal: Develop a marketing strategy that embraces and advances the mission and values of Village School in order to communicate a consistent message internally and externally.
- Utilize marketing research to develop a clear and concise message that defines Village School and ensures that all school communications adhere to this message.
- Build annual marketing plans that specifically reinforce this message to internal and external constituents.
- Differentiate Village School from other schools by communicating its strengths.
Program Assessment and Innovation
Rationale and Background: A dynamic learning community that embraces growth and innovation is vital for ensuring the academic success of its students and institutional sustainability. Village School is committed to dedicating necessary resources to enhance its program and foster its growth.
Goal: Ensure the program uses current research, best practices, and technological advances to inspire excellence and global preparedness.
- Continue to evaluate the program to ensure our students are universally prepared for secondary school and beyond.
- Continue to explore and integrate the best technologies to enhance student learning both in and outside of the classroom.
- Explore and cultivate new relationships that connect Village School with educational institutions, cultural venues, and individuals, to inspire passion through experience and exposure.
- Foster a professional community in which a growth mindset is essential for continued success.